Vehicle Service Contract Claim
IF YOUR VEHICLE NEEDS TO BE TOWED, CONTACT YOUR REPAIR SHOP FOR INSTRUCTIONS, OR CONTACT ROADSIDE ASSISTANCE IF YOUR AGREEMENT INCLUDES THAT BENEFIT.
If your vehicle experiences a problem or a breakdown, please do the following:
- Prevent Further Damage: You must take all reasonable means to protect your vehicle from further damage. Your agreement will not cover additional damage caused by your failure to prevent further damage.
- Return Your Vehicle to the Issuing Dealer: If it is not possible to return your vehicle to the issuing dealer, contact us for an approved repair facility. If your vehicle has a breakdown and requires towing, please contact your repair shop for instructions, or contact roadside assistance if your agreement includes that benefit.
- Copy Your Agreement: Provide the approved repair facility with a copy of your agreement’s declarations page, including the contact information.
- Authorize Diagnosis: You must authorize the approved repair facility to complete all that is necessary to accurately diagnose the cause of your vehicle’s breakdown and provide a complete estimate for the repair.
- Have the shop obtain Authorization for Payment From Us: Before any repair is made, instruct your approved repair facility to contact us to obtain prior authorization for the claim.
- Authorize the Repair: After Kornerstone authorizes the repair, you should also give the shop your consent to complete the repairs.
- Pay Applicable Deductible: We will pay the approved repair facility for the authorized amount. You must pay the approved repair facility your deductible and any charges not included in the authorized amount.
- Request Reimbursement: The approved repair facility must submit a legible copy of the repair invoice to us.
- Emergency Repairs: A breakdown of serious and urgent nature that renders the vehicle inoperable or unsafe to operate for transportation purposes may occur when our offices are closed. You may at your discretion authorize the necessary emergency repairs. If any portion of the repair is being performed during our normal business hours, you must have the repair facility stop working on your vehicle and contact us as soon as we are open for business. You are responsible for all expenses and repair costs if it is determined that the failure or the breakdown does not qualify as an emergency repair as defined by your agreement.
If your vehicle experiences a problem or a breakdown, it is your responsibility to ensure that you and the approved repair facility follow the procedures listed above.